Pages

Monday, October 26, 2015

Because, why not?

New roommate is a piano instructor. I've been wanting to learn piano for awhile now so I asked her to teach me after supper tonight. She agreed and so I got my first lesson! Well, I was in piano when I was really little, like 4 or 5 but I quit because I didn't like it and would get frustrated when I had to practice.

Anyway, she's says I'm really good. Granted, she teaches little children... and she's always encouraging and sweet. I don't know how anyone can be so happy all the time but she is. It's probably good for my depression to learn how to be more positive all the time, I don't know.

We're doing better. She was crying last night when I came home, but it turns out that it wasn't my fault this time! Yay!

Anyway, I may or may not have spent $75 on Amazon getting a bunch of country piano books... but that's besides the point.

My hope is that I can play Burning House by Cam or Over You by Miranda Lambert. I love those songs and I want to sing but let's be real, it is probably more likely that I can be decent at playing piano and I may never be able to sing well. Anyway, I'll only sing for me and I think I sound okay sometimes so we'll just roll with that.

So, I am 21 and a half and learning to play piano because why not?

Oh, I got a flu shot today. I'll be documenting my lovely psych problems that are sure to follow here. It happens every year. I thought maybe it was just a one time reaction, but it happened last year too. I usually end up with terrible depression episode for a few days after the stupid shot. Also, my arm frickin' hurts! I can't lift it very high because it's sore from that silly shot. I can't wait until I graduate and can get the religious exemption. Seriously, this is nonsense. Flu shots are last year's strain, not what is being passed around this year. How many times does it actually help save lives? I don't know but the research I've come across is not promising enough to make me change my thoughts on getting this damned thing. Whatever, it's my last year at school and I will gladly suffer through wearing those damned masks just to avoid getting the shot.

Have you noticed the naughty words I keep using? Ya, there's a lot of anger in my heart. It'll go away, I hope. In the mean time, cursing numbs the pain a little bit and allows me to express a little bit of the grumpiness. So, please forgive me for the poor word choice, I'm working through some stuff. You guys also get to hear about that nonsense so I figure you know about that already.

Well, goodnight guys, I'm gonna go try to sleep.

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment