Pages

Monday, February 27, 2017

Scared Sh*tless

Guys, I have started my grad school application. I am nervous beyond belief. The priority deadline was Feb 1, and I missed that by a couple days by the time I was looking seriously at the program. However, I have been emailing the program director and she has been very encouraging. I'm just not certain how straight forward they are being with me.

I want to know how many people are applying, how many get in, what my chances are for getting into the program with only a year of NICU experience, and all of the other questions swirling around in my head. Oh gosh, this is nerve wracking!

For the application only being $50, it's not that bad. However, do I have what it takes? I'm just a baby nurse with a passion for NICU, but I have this burning desire to go further in school and start getting changes started nation wide, or at least in whatever vicinity I'm in. If I could have been here practicing as a midwife, I could have saved lives! I could have saved babies and their mamas from having the terrible home births that ended up killing one or both of them. I'm not saying that home births are bad. I'm just saying home births with a midwife who has never been formally trained is dangerous and asking for trouble.

I want to change the way midwifery is seen in the US. I want to save the lives of moms and babies by preventing too many medical interventions while simultaneously having the training and supplies to provide necessary interventions to keep everyone safe.

Ugh, I feel so helpless.

I am presently terrified.

I am currently in need of another change. I feel like I could actually make a difference.

Oh L-rd, direct me in the ways you want me to go! Make my path straight and show me what it is I'm supposed to be doing!



Probably doesn't help that I've rewatched Call the Midwife on Netflix...

2 comments:

  1. Oh I can imagine the sheer terror that you are facing and the nerves and anxiety that such a big thing causes! Sending hugs from across the world wide web. Good luck and just know that if things don't work out for this round, that perhaps that the Lord wants things to go in a different direction for now but I sure do hope you get in NOW!!!! You're very brave for feeling ready to go to the next step - you're amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you dear friend! You are so sweet for saying so. I hope your new adventure is going well!

    ReplyDelete