Pages

Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Suddenly Lonely

I was doing well being here in Small Town. I was beginning to make friends, look forward to things other than work and support group, and I'm even beginning to get my house unpacked. Yes, I have been living in Small Town for about 6 months and I have only unpacked the things that I use...

The closer we get to Thanksgiving, the more I'm missing my Mom. I miss Dad and Brother too, but I'm so close to my Mom. I was going about a week or two without talking to any of my family members, but about a month ago, phone calls to Mom starting coming on nearly every day or two. That's usually about the time I knew it was time to go visit home or have Mom come have lunch with me in College Town.

After calling Dad yesterday and learning that he wasn't able to come down to visit for Thanksgiving, I tried calling Mom but she didn't answer. I called Brother today, twice, but he's still not answering. Seeing as he just got a new girlfriend and his track record for doing family things when he has friends and their families... I'm thinking the odds of him coming down are pretty slim as well.

*sigh*

So, I'm excited for Mom to come down and to also see my other Home State family who are hoping to come down to visit Mema. I hope they get to come down. Somehow, youngest uncle keeps missing family functions with an explanation that he has to work. Mema has recently mentioned that she is not particularly pleased with him at the moment. She also made some comments about exboyfriend that made me think that the rumor has finally reached the family about him getting talked to by the police and probably arrested under sexual assault charges, that were dropped.

I don't know what's going on. Oh the joys of having a family who talks about nothing with the people going through things, but gossip and speculations spread like wildfire. Along with the gossip, comes believing and siding with non-family members, depending on the story that gets told and from whom they hear said tale. Thus resulting in family splitting, rifts, and silent treatments.

The pull for me to find a guy and settle down is not strengthened by current circumstances... if that tells you anything...

3 comments:

  1. I remember feeling this exact same way my first year that I moved away from everyone I've ever known or loved (minus hubby of course). Have faith, with time it does get easier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's definitely easier than it was when I first arrived here (when I lived here, in a new house, by myself, no dog, and a month before I could even start working...). I'm fixin' to try to convince my mom to just move down here and we can abandon Home State, just the two of us and travel the country together! She just needs to go to nursing school so we can be travel nurses and share her RV. No big deal, I have the plan worked out and I could probably help her pass nursing school. Hopefully. Maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like an interesting endeavor. Good luck with convincing mom!

    ReplyDelete