Pages

Monday, March 11, 2013

Midwifery Movies

So, I mentioned in my last post or a few posts ago (I forget) that I had watched some movies about midwifery. They are actually documentaries and very interesting. I found both of them on Netflix, hopefully they are still there. My favorite one is "The Business of Being Born" and the other is "Born In America". Both of them are great and I think the first is my favorite because I watched it first and tend to be biased towards my "original" discoveries.

*Disclaimer: These movies are inappropriate for children (and even some adults) because they do actually show women in birth... as they are. Yes, this means full-on birthday suits galore.

These movies taught me a lot about the processes of birth and how our perception of birth has evolved. I encourage you to watch them and form your own opinion. These documentaries are great, not only for showing what midwifery is, but also to get the audience (hopefully you) to think about how healthcare has evolved and if it has really evolved for the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment