Pages

Friday, March 8, 2013

Friday, Friday, Gotta Get Down On Friday!

*The title should be said/sung to the tune of the Friday song

No, I'm not a fan of the song, but it popped into my head when I was trying to decide a title for today's post so there it is.

Not much happened today. I didn't have class so I slept in (until 6:30 this morning), got breakfast with my friend which grew into a 6 person party. I studied, hung out, studied, went to EI (stands for extra instruction, some new thing my A&P teacher is trying out). Came back to my dorm and ... wait for it... studied. Yet, in all of the studying, it does not feel like I accomplished much of anything. Does anyone else ever feel that way? It is quite an unfortunate feeling really, but it's my fault. At least I am beginning to work toward studying smarter and not harder.

By the way, my friends just turned me onto a great way to take notes so that you study as you go through the week. If you use legal notepads, then transfer and organize your notes into an actual notebook, you read over them and focus on them more than just putting them into a notebook and forgetting about them. I am sure most of you already knew that trick, but I thought it was nifty and I wish I would have known about it sooner!

On the friend front: I am learning that I do not pay great attention to my friends personal and dating lives outside of the time I already spend with them. One friend has been in a budding relationship for a few weeks and I just found out today. Of course, this goes hand-in-hand with my anti-gossip policy that has been newly established, but it is not gossip if I talk to the actual person to find out what is going on in their lives, is it? That is just being friendly and caring about them as an entire person with their own individual life. Also, my friend that may like me probably won't reveal it for awhile. G-d is answering my prayer for that so I can breathe easy and relax... as far as that is concerned. As far as my other stresses, they are still coming but G-d is teaching me to focus on today and not the future worries of my life and the world.

Daily Thanksgiving: I am so grateful for G-d putting great friends into my life that make me laugh constantly. I truly do love them so very much, even though they curse and do stuff just to get me to react, I really enjoy handing out with them. Plus, everyone seems to poke at my buttons because there is a lot of stuff that I react to and I think it's funny anyway. I love that my friends are comfortable enough with me to poke fun at me, and I am able to TRY to poke fun at them. Unfortunately, I am not so good at teasing because I am a slow thinker, but they are good sports and laugh anyway at my many failed attempts. I am thankful for a day to study and the opportunity to finally make it to an EI session for anatomy.

No comments:

Post a Comment