Pages

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Checkin' In

Wow, it has been awhile since my last post! Spring break is going really well. I have not done much but watch movies and Netflix, but I'm kinda diggin' that. Yesterday was Passover so the night before that my family and I had a sedar. Passover is a really powerful time because it causes you to re-examine your life and your actions. Also, I broke Shabbat yesterday :( Passover and the last day (at least those two days) are supposed to be Sabbath's to the L-rd, but I broke it and I hate that I broke it. All I did was go to Ikea with my friends because we had been planning it for awhile and I did not even realize we had planned to go on Pesach (Hebrew word for Passover).

Today I get to go see my kids! Now, they aren't my real kids. I'm only 18 - almost 19, but that's beside the point - and there are 4 of them. I'm pretty sure it is impossible for me to have had 4 kids... Just sayin'. Anyway, they are kids that I used to babysit and I love them so much. I just love kids. Any child that has ever come through my nursery or that I have babysit pretty much turns into my kid because they make my heart happy, even when throwing tantrums and being ornery. I really miss church nursery because that was my niche when I didn't have friends to turn to. It was my sense of accomplishment because I was/am very good at dealing with the youngins, primarily newborn to 3 years old. Adults used to ask for my advice when they were volunteering in the nursery at our last church because it was brand new and I had been with the kids from the very beginning. I was almost put as a teacher but I was only 16 and needed to be at least 18, so they had me train the teachers and aides instead. Man, too bad that couldn't be my job! Just working in a nursery...

Daily Thanksgiving: I get to see my kids!!! Also, I got to hang out with my friends yesterday and I am so very thankful that Pesach was over break and I did not have to go to classes or work.

No comments:

Post a Comment