Pages

Saturday, January 30, 2016

The Things I Forget

Last night I wrote about how exfiance hadn't texted me in a couple days and I was thinking maybe he finally got the message. Well, when I woke up this morning (at 0600 because of puppy jumping on my bed and waking me up after I had gone to bed around 0200) I realized that when I went to dinner with Best Friend a couple nights ago, he blocked exfiance's number in my phone.

He did it because when I talk about exfiance, Best Friend gets angry. He's mad that I'm hurt and he asked if he could have prevented it better by talking to me more in the past few years or doing something else. It was the "what-if" game that I'm so good at playing in my own head, but when other's play it I let them know they are ridiculous and time machines don't exist. His eyes got misty when I would talk about exboyfriend and exfiance or when he thought about what happened.

Anyway, dinner with Best Friend was really good. We ate and then went to get ice cream across the street and visited a candy shop next door to the ice cream. I just don't understand how, after everything, we are still so easy together and talk about everything. He's got a girlfriend and I'm legit happy for him. We still care so much about each other but we don't try to make anything happen because we're fine just being friends. I asked him how his girlfriend was okay with our dinner night because the guys I dated would have been texting me the whole time wondering who I was with, where, when I would be back. They would want me to text me when I left, when I got home, and every 30 seconds to let them know an exact play-by-play of my activities and the actions of those around me. She was completely cool with it.

We even talked about why we split. We both agreed that it was for the better and he didn't try to make me feel bad. We made jokes and discussed the ins and outs of why we weren't right, but he still wishes that he could have saved me back then or that he could fix the current situation. It's a solid friendship and we pick up where we left off even after several years of being apart. He's a huge blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment