Pages

Monday, April 21, 2014

Applause!

I am terrible with technology yet I work in IT...

Normally on Mondays I have stories of how terrible I did at my IT job because I always seem to make a fool of myself on Mondays. Why? I don't know. Today, however, I actually did well! I got a call from a classroom that I get frequent calls from for a simple problem that I have explained how to solve multiple times. Anyway, I got TWO calls from that room today because I solved the problem and then it came back up. Whatever, I went back to the room to fix the problem. After doing all that I could, it still wouldn't work. The professor and students were asking if there was another room they could use since the computer was not working. I said I had a computer I could bring in, in the worst case scenario but I wanted to try one of their laptops first. Their laptop worked as a bandaid and the whole class broke out into applause! I have been in classes where we applaud the IT tech for fixing the solution but I am terrible with computers and never expected to be on the receiving end. I didn't even fully fix the problem!!! Needless to say, it pretty much made my day.

After work and school I went to the grocery store and the guy at the deli remembered my order! He helps me nearly every week so I'm sure it was bound to happen but it made me feel special.

So, after the near break down during the death and dying lectures, I had a fantastic day. Praise the L-rd for little breaks of sunshine in our gloomy seasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment