Pages

Sunday, November 23, 2014

Confessions of a College Prude, Part 1

So I recently tried hookah. Before you go off and tell me it's a bad idea and causes cancer and blah, blah, blah, just wait because I know. I glanced at the evidence based articles before and after. They all say it's a bad idea. Okay, I know.

Anyway, I tried it because I am full of bad ideas and my brother and his roommates have all the stuff. I find it pointless. We only had the "herbal" stuff in it so there is not supposed to be a high or anything and I didn't get high. There wasn't tobacco or weed in it either, don't worry. I'm just confused why it's even a thing if there is no drug effect.

I am not supporting the use of illegal or legal drugs just to get "high" or whatever other effect they may have besides for medical purposes (yes, I know that is worded poorly, but I only advocate using prescription drugs for their intended purposes and not abusing them. That's what I wanted to say but couldn't...) But, why spend all this money just to have smoke enter your lungs?

Maybe it is just me, but I don't like doing things that don't have an apparent purpose. Therefore, personally, smoking hookah does not seem logical. If you have weed in it then you will get high. Okay, it makes sense why people do that. If you have tobacco in it then... you get a little buzz? I don't know why you do tobacco, but people have been smoking cigars/cigarettes for years so there must be something that they like in those so okay, they are getting some kind of physiological effect. Are they having no "drug" in the hookah and partaking in the smoking just to do tricks with their exhaled smoke? This seems pointless. Again, I'm not trying to attack anyone, I'm just trying to understand reasoning.

Any information that you are willing to contribute to my knowledge will be greatly appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment