Pages

Sunday, December 14, 2014

I'm Off My Meds

Several months ago I decided to start treating my depression. Did I go to a doctor? No. Did I seek any type of counseling or therapy? No. I decided to self-prescribe St. Johns Wort, vitamin D, melatonin, valerian root, magnesium, prenatal vitamins, and the list goes on. These were taken in hopes that my depression would be more controllable and I was hoping I would be able to function.

At the time, I was unaware that treating major depression could result in manic or hypomanic occurrences. I am now well aware of this little tid-bit. However, I have enjoyed several months of less severe cycles through hypomania and depression so that's good! My depression has pretty much been kept at bay and I felt normal. Actually, I felt just a tad bit hyper most days, but I have been very productive with school work, housework, and everything else that used to seem so daunting to me. Due to all of this, I think I may have bipolar type 2 but that may just be my Mental Health hypochondria acting up on me...

There are so many posts I want to write right now! Funny how I choose to begin this whole thing at 0135. Anyway, check dates and times on my upcoming posts because there are likely to be several tonight.






It needs to be noted that I, in no way, suggest that you do not receive professional help for mental/medical conditions. Nor do I propose you put yourself on a regimen of "self-prescribed" suppliments. Please consult your doctor or other health care professional before taking or doing anything mentioned in this post or my previous posts. This is a blog about nursing school and my struggles, do not take me for a doctor and do not take health advice from me, please!

No comments:

Post a Comment