Yeah, I stumbled upon this list of 49 blessings for dating on aish.com and they are inspiring.
I love the way that judaism sends people off with blessings for each aspect of their life. Growing up in church, it seemed we prayed to counter-act "bad" things from happening. But in Judaism, there is a fundamental striving to focus on what is going well, how to keep things going well, and how to be in the moment. there is also a huge focus on... blessings.
With my confusion around dating growing by the day, having started several years ago with a middle school friend who asked me out (he got married senior year of high school and now has 3 beautiful children and works hard to provide well for his family). Dating has become a very dark subject in my life.
These blessings not only bring in G-d to the concept of dating, but they provide strength, positivity, and encouragement through the process.
I hope these blessing touch your heart, and help, the way they have helped me.
"The Dating Coach's 49 Blessing for the New Year"
- May you answer the door when opportunity knocks.
- May you love your life.
- May you soon gain something you've always wanted.
- May you know when to hold on and not be afraid when it's time to let go.
- May inspiration strike at just the right moment.
- May you be satisfied with being perfectly imperfect.
- May you explore new options and open yourself to new possibilities.
- May the challenges you face strengthen your core.
- May your false beliefs evaporate and may you replace them with words of truth.
- May you have time in your week to visit someone in need.
- May you wear your smile, no matter how difficult today seems.
- May your mind be filled with great ideas.
- May you let go of something you no longer need.
- May you overcome what is holding you back.
- May your failures lead to success.
- May you embrace and loving accept your body.
- May you schedule your time wisely.
- May you invite someone new into your world.
- May you increase your confidence and boost your self-esteem.
- May you laugh easily and often.
- May you have the strength to put forth enough effort to get what you want.
- May you be blessed with an abundance of love.
- May you manifest your future by living as if it is already your reality.
- May you receive encouraging words that elevate you.
- May you be motivated to set and reach a new goal.
- May your life be infused with meaning and purpose.
- May you have strength, courage and wisdom to do the right thing at the right time.
- May you be free of financial burdens.
- May you hear what others say and more importantly understand what they mean.
- May you redirect angry energy and use it as fuel towards something positive.
- May you see clearly what you are meant to see and turn away from things not meant for your eyes.
- May you know the right questions to ask and may you be open to receiving the answers.
- May your words, actions or presence bring comfort to someone who is struggling.
- May your eyes be wide open and may you clearly see the messages that are before you.
- May you see clearly the obstacles that are before you and may you steer clear of any challenges.
- May you strengthen yourself, both body and soul.
- May you carry your physical and spiritual loads gracefully.
- May you find something wonderful to do this year that inspires you and connects you to great people.
- May many singles find their soul mate and be satisfied with their choice.
- May those in need of healing recover completely, mind, body and soul.
- May your senses be awakened by a pleasing surprise.
- May you find the perfect place to call home.
- May you visit exceptional places.
- May you be satisfied in being uniquely you.
- May the efforts you make yield the results you desire.
- May you have a good today and a better tomorrow.
- May you find your purpose in the world and pursue it with passion.
- May you harness the wonderful power within you.
- May you have a huge breakthrough!