Pages

Monday, May 13, 2013

Repost: Thoughtful Thursday! “I’m Not Comfortable Prescribing You Something That Might Jeopardize Your Milk Supply.”

Thoughtful Thursday! “I’m Not Comfortable Prescribing You Something That Might Jeopardize Your Milk Supply.”

This doctor needs to teach the other doctors! I love when doctors stand up for what they believe is right and are keeping mom's and baby's best interests in mind. I know that most doctors do, and I do not dislike doctors or anything, but it seems like everyone is starting to give in more and more to outside pressures. Then they do things despite what is actually best for mom and baby or anyone else. I also love that this doc is seeming to be pro-breastfeeding. You would be surprised how many aren't liking breastfeeding anymore. Why? It's natural and it's virtually free for the mom. Plus, it is best for the baby! In cases where the mom cannot nurse, formula is totally understandable, and formula every once in a while is fine. But for the most part, moms should have the total freedom to try breastfeeding if they want to and not be bullied by L&D nurses/lactation consultants/doctors/midwifes/etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment