Pages

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Repost: Thoughtful Thursday! “You Don’t Need To Thank Me…”

Thoughtful Thursday! “You Don’t Need To Thank Me…”

It's true, patients make our jobs the best. I love my residents and I already love my patients that I haven't even met yet. Also, diggin' the fact that the CNM gave the mom all the credit. Truly, birth is all about the mom, no one else can push when the baby is ready to be born, only the mom. Of course, now there are C-sections and other things the doctor/midwife can do to assist or take over delivery, but we over-use those devices and procedures. In reality, the mom should be rooted for because every mom is a champion for all that they do for the children (biological or adopted, naturally birthed or through another method; none of it matters because moms are amazing).

I totally forgot it was Mother's Day today, by the way, until about half-way through righting this post. So, for all you mothers out there (current, soon-to-be, or future mothers), happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment