Pages

Thursday, March 28, 2013

My Kids

Just an update from what happened yesterday, my kids threw me a birthday party! The kids I "adopted" (mentioned in my last post). My real birthday is in about a week, but they will be back in school, as will I. So, they got me a tiny little cake, they gave me some presents, then we went and painted pottery at Arts On Fire. Let me tell you, that place is so fun! It was a bit of a drive, but so very worth it. When you are there, you pick out a piece of pottery that is already made and fired the first time, you just get to paint it with glaze. Then you have them fire it for you and they call you in about a week to come pick it up. Simple as that. I could see it being an awesome date idea too... Anyway, I have to get my mind focused back on this conversation. So we did all that and what really made my day was the fact that the little boy (age 4) was asking for hugs all day and he said he loves me nearly 5849 times, no joke. Then, the littlest girl (age 2 in April) actually likes me now! She liked me when she was little bitty, then she started associating me with her mom leaving, but she is learning that her mom comes back and that I am alright to hang out with. She kept grabbing my finger and pulling me to play. She smiled at me and played peek-a-boo. Guys, my heart is overflowing with love. These two kids' older sisters (ages 6 and 10) are just so sweet too. I connect so much with the older one because we are so similar in the way that we learn, handle ourselves and others, and the way that we have fun. The younger girl is just so adorable. She is very artistic and really shone during the painting. She even painted me my own picture as part of my birthday present! I don't know how all four children are so kind, gentle and well-behaved, but their mom is doing an amazing job raising them. Someday, I pray that G-d gives me children, and I pray that I know how to raise them to be so responsible, well-rounded and gracious as these kids. I love them as if they were my own, I don't understand how my love for someone could ever grow anymore, but it grows everytime I see them. People also say that romantic love (pardon the weird wording) and the love of my own offspring will be greater, I think it may cause me to burst if there is actually greater love than this. My cup runneth over.

No comments:

Post a Comment