Pages

Sunday, May 11, 2014

Heavy Heart and An Empty Room

Brother moved out yesterday after we got in a huge fight. I knew he was moving out, thus the reason for me packing the night before, but he came back yesterday to begin collecting all of his things and we just had it out. The yelling match only lasted for about 15 minutes until he concluded that he, "just couldn't handle this anymore." He proceeded to slam the door in my face and take a shower. At that point I hopped in my car and drove the hour and a half back to Home-base. I waited for my mom to get home from shul and we just talked for about 6 hours. Praise the L-rd that I live so close to home but not close enough to be there every night.

Guys, I cried that entire car ride. Let me tell you, when you are angry and bawling, it's really hard to see how fast you're going. Thankfully G-d was watching out for me and didn't let me get a ticket but I was going about 90 mph at one point in a 65-75 mph zone.

It feels like I lost my brother though. That is what hurts the most. When we were little kids, we fought, but it was just little things. You know, my brother would poke me so I would scream at him. He would like a girl so I would tease him until he punched me... Normal sibling stuff. Now, it takes nothing for us to be in a room and go from laughing to yelling. Just the most random little things set either of us off. He got really aggressive ever since his testosterone hit full gear and his voice dropped. I was informed by my mom that a few years ago I started to get weepy and I was able to be set off a lot easier. I'm thinking that's when all of my estrogen's decided to take over. Stupid hormones. I am praying that this is only a phase and that we can be pals again like we used to but right now I'm not seeing the light.

Tonight, my brother's room is completely empty and my heart is following with emptiness and this deep deep longing for him to come back. I fear for his safety living with boys who are drinking and partying almost every night. They skip class and think it's funny to fail classes. Some of them are sleeping around with random girls and doing "recreational" drugs. Depending on who you ask, cocaine could be a "recreational drug." I don't even know where he lives because I don't want to go meet his roommates and he doesn't even really want me to know where he lives.

Why does it feel like my life is falling apart? This blog was supposed to be about the funny things that happen or good-to-know tips about nursing school and college life. Instead, I just come here to complain and pour out my heart.

2 comments:

  1. I feel for ya - tho that's what blogs are for!

    Remember your goal though... to get through nursing school successfully!!! You need to put your brother on the back burner.... and lay everything about the sibling relationship between you two at God's feet. At this moment your brother is making boy (not man) moves and letting peer pressure take the helm. Remember that we are but the lowly sisters and there isn't anything that you can do at this point to change him or his behavior. Have faith that God has a plan for you. God always provides choices. Your brother is unfortunately choosing a path that you don't agree with. If you need to talk to anyone - you know my email :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nurse Dee, you pretty much rescue me like all the time! Lady, I haven't met you but I think I can safely say that I've got sisterly love for you. And Happy Mother's Day! I loved your post earlier.

    ReplyDelete