Pages

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

My Lesson in Forgiveness

I have had a really ironic life, thus far. Many of those stories I have shared with y'all because many times the irony of life holds a message from G-d. This story started with a prayer...

I prayed to forgive my ex-roommates and the people that I have held grudges against from my whole life. 2 of my 3 ex-roommates got into the nursing school. We are in a group of 44 people who made it into the program this semester and we will be taking classes together for the next 3 years. Today, one of my professors informed us that we would be working in groups. These groups were determined randomly by her computer. 10 groups from 56+ people (because of the nursing students and some students who made the wait list for the program) and guess who I am put into a group with? The girl I need to learn to forgive. Ya, you know that hot flash that happens when you get really scared? I had that for a looooooooong time after learning my group. I texted her to find out some more specifics about the project and she replied and used a smiley face but she is also the one that flipped me off the last night of school before summer vacation so I don't really know what that means.

First semester there were the two girls who came to our university together from the same high school and they roomed with each other. We had the most problems together, primarily between one girl and I. The third roommate stayed out of the whole mess relatively well because she hardly left her room. I learned, shortly after our problems came to a head, that the third girl had been spreading rumors that I had been bad-mouthing and personally attacking the two girls that went to high school together. Second semester, one of the pair had texted their mom that they wanted me and the third girl to move out because we were staying in our rooms a lot. *In my defense, I have always been severely introverted and highly anti-social my whole life and I explained these things to them at the beginning of that semester (spring). They said they understood.* By accident, that text got sent to me instead of to her mom. About two week later, I moved out. Things were awkward but not as bad as they had been when I was living with them. By the end of the semester, I was saying "hey" when I passed by them and they would smile slightly or just ignore me, but it was better than getting dirty looks. Then, on the last day of school, one of the pair flipped me off. I have a feeling our third roommate had been telling them rumors again.

So, I need to ask for forgiveness, I need to straighten this whole thing up, and I need to forgive all three of them. Fast forwarding to this week, I get paired up, totally by G-d's design, with the girl (from the pair) that was the instigator of most of the problems.

Funny thing happened though, I went from being anxious and slightly angry to calmer and not super worried. This is only by the grace of G-d because normally I would be developing ulcers and would be unable to sleep. Instead, I am filled with Shalom, if only for a few days until the groups have to meet, but after the first few meeting it will likely get better.

Daily Thanksgiving: I'm half way done with my first week of NURSING SCHOOL!!! I love my professors so far and tomorrow I have my IT job until 12:30 p.m. (1330) and then I am off for the rest of the day. Friday is pharmacology and then I am done. I get to go home for labor day weekend, after I work a double on Sunday, of course. G-d is teaching me forgiveness and giving me the strength to get me through this whole mess I have help create for myself and these other girls. I have an awesome friend in all of my classes who is hilarious and super smart. She encourages me and keeps me focused. I am currently finished with all of my homework, as of yet. I know that there is more coming, but for right now, I am not procrastinating!

No comments:

Post a Comment