Pages

Friday, August 30, 2013

Movie Birthday Night

After a long first week of college for my brother and I, we are kickin' back tonight. We rented some movies, got some ice cream (non-dairy for me) and some root beer and we plan to have a good night. Today, he turned 18 which means that my baby brother is now an adult! I still think of him as a kid because we still act like kids around each other. In fact, we are going to make a pillow fort in our living room (we live together in an off-campus apartment) and we plan to stay in our fort all of tomorrow while watching our movies and eating our root beer floats. It sounds like a pretty neat 18th birthday to me, but I didn't do much for my 18th. It seems like he wants to go out with friends to celebrate and maybe catch a movie in the theater and go out to dinner but he doesn't know enough people to do that yet and I'm sure he doesn't want to hang out with all of my friends.

This got me to thinkin': I wish I were more creative and thoughtful. Now, I am highly introspective, to a fault. I over-think things all the time and drive all of my friends and family crazy because it seems like I talk a lot, but that is only to myself because I never shut up in my head but I don't vocalize what I'm thinking very much. Anyway, I would like to be like those people that can actually do the Pinterest posts and make stuff super creative and nice looking. I would love to do special things for all of my family and friends on their birthdays, or for any celebration/pick-me-up that may be needed. Unfortunately, I have ideas to surprise them with, but nothing ever works out as planned, nor does anything ever look as good as Pinterest... I'm just not a creative person. I am a science and math brained type of person. I like to have an unknown and a set way to find it. I do not like creating something from nothing and I never have "brain-children". So, here I am, having a slumber party with brother for his 18th birthday party. Oy!

But, we made it through the first week of college though! That means that while the rest of the year will be filled with tons of work, we will be finished with it soon. Plus, next semester, I have clinicals to look forward to!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment