Pages

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

On the One Hand...

Today was my scheduled day to take the HESI-A2 test. Sounds super fun doesn't it?! I show up, nervous, because my commute time was doubled due to ridiculous amounts of traffic. Regardless, G-d got me to the testing center on time. I checked in, sat down and waited. Waiting, waiting, waiting. 45 minutes go by, then they call me into the office to be interrogated and scanned for knives, cheating devices and other such paraphernalia. The gentleman goes into the testing room to get my test brought up on the computer, but it won't come up so he issues me back into the interrogation room and out into the waiting room. 45 minutes longer and I am reassured that they are calling the help desks to fix it and I am offered a chance to reschedule for free. I call the number they gave me and stay on the phone for a solid 25 minutes trying to get everything figured out to reschedule only to find out that I will have to wait another 2-3 days to learn when I can reschedule to. I also learn that one girl had to wait 4 hours to see if the test would come up but it never did for her. But for two other girls that came that same day, the test worked just fine. I guess this problem is occurring across the nation with this one particular test which is really unfortunate because the window that I had to take the test is quickly coming to a close and I may not get into nursing school if I can't take this test before the end of that eligibility window...

Now, that was the down hand of my story. Let me tell you about the upper hand of this whole ordeal.

I was super nervous this morning because I have not been studying like I had needed to and every time I took a practice test I would get 70%-89%. I need a 94%. So, I was praying that G-d would grant me favor with this test. I was kicking myself (when I was waiting the first 45 minutes) for not studying more and for not doing just one more practice test. Now, I have a few extra days to study! I can take a bunch more practice tests and I can continue to build my English skills for the HESI because that will likely be the portion I have the hardest time with.

So, on the one hand it was slightly frustrating. On the other hand, I know that G-d is working. He has allowed me more time to study and, L-rd willing, He will allow me to get into the nursing program for Fall 2013 at my current university. I will keep y'all updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment