Pages

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Beautiful Number

Yesterday, I went back to the testing center (after the fiasco and rescheduling on Tuesday) and I got to actually take the HESI!!! It was such a relief. After each subtest section, they also score it right away, which I really like because then you don't have to wait for weeks to see your scores. Since I had been there the day before yesterday, the gentleman who was checking me in gave me preferential treatment too! How nice, right? Even though I had come in right on time, other people had been there first and so they would have been up next. However, he chose to let me come in a little bit before my technical time and before taking me back to be interrogated and scanned with a metal detector, he asked if I wanted to keep studying or not. I am blown away by their level of customer service because the customers already pay for the test before they come to the testing center, so it's not like the employees have to be nice to ensure that they get paid. Regardless, they were so kind and kept me in the loop the entire two hours I was there on Tuesday. Also, I have to say that being kind and courteous, especially in frustrating and stressful situation, will definitely help you. Show some grace to people when things are going wrong because they will notice it and they will help you in any way that they can. Even if they don't, it will show G-d's love to someone that may be needing to see grace and Yeshua in their everyday life.

So, praise the L-rd! He got me a 93.43% on the test! I was hoping for a 94%, but I heard that anything over 90% is usually good news. Now, I will just be waiting until the end of the month to learn if I can switch over to nursing courses or not!!!

Advice: Buy the study books, study, take the practice tests, score them, and keep studying. Pray, pray, pray. This last one is the most important, by far. No one can get you a better score than G-d. Don't use Him as a last resort to procrastination though, you have to practice a working faith. This means that you need to work on your relationship with Him, and study on your own too. Working faith means that you go and prepare as far as you are able, in your personal, human ability, then you trust G-d to bring the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment