Pages

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Havin' Some Fun

This past week we had a guest speaker in one of my classes. She explained the history of our nursing school and showed pictures from the 40's and 50's of nursing students having so much fun. They dressed up their manikin (which is still on display at our college), they dressed up in football uniforms when they were working with the football team (which could have gotten them in tons of trouble), and they got into so many shenanigans. Looking at what we have now, we are not living up to their model of nursing school. They had a blast and right now, I am miserable. Most of my class is reporting that they are miserable. Why?

Last night I went bowling with a bunch of friends. None of them are in the nursing program, but it was good to be with my dorm friends from last year. I never realized how much I missed them. Of course, I say I miss them a bunch, but you never understand the depth of that until you are reunited. Fortunately, no body has changed over the summer. Well, some hairstyles are different, but personalities are fully intact and even magnified from last year. I think that's just because we are ridiculously comfortable with each other. I never thought I would be wishing to be back in my tiny dorm rooms, but I am.

There is a song that says you're gonna miss this when it's gone. It's totally true. There is also a Bible verse that tells us to not dwell in the past, missing what has already happened and wishing it would come back. Thus, my nostalgic moment must come to an end and I will learn to focus on today.

School is settling down for a week, but don't worry, it will get crazy again here shortly.

Daily Thanksgiving: Bowling was fun and I won up until the 6th frame. I came in second overall with no bumpers though! I was able to see some friends and blow off some steam. Today is also surprisingly productive for me and I got tons of stuff done Thursday, so I don't have any homework due, just reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment