Pages

Friday, November 8, 2013

#2: Cabela's

For those of you who like the southern/country way of living, or if you like hunting/fishing/shooting/bows/etc, or if you like Duck Dynasty (because it's pretty much the best show EVER). Y'all need to find a Cabela's and go to it. I don't care how long you have to drive. I don't care if you have to get a passport to go see it. I don't care if the cheapest way to get there would be to fly a private jet, then take a taxi, then hitchhike. Get yourself on down to a Cabela's.

I was a kid in a candy shop! They had Duck Dynasty everything. They had pink everything. They also have a lot of really sweet guys that talked to me about guns and didn't act like I'm a fool for being a girl but wanting a shotgun, a hand gun, and several other hunting tools. As of yet, I still have not gone hunting. I simply need someone (preferably a cute boy) who likes it (and who is good at it, and who also hopefully likes me and knows me very well) to take me. Presently, I do not have such a person. Therefore, I must work on my gun collection now in order to prepare for such a wonderful guy. Plus, it is one of the few types of collections that allow for practical use, loads of fun, and also a means of foodstuffs. It's a wonderful collection/hobby. Plus, girls typically look super cool and gorgeous when they can protect themselves against any intruder and can also handle the burden of shooting and killing a living critter.

That's hard for me because I have been trying to nurse things back to health for so long. I used to be able to fish and bait the hook with worms with no problems. One summer, all of a sudden I could no longer stand the though of repeatedly stabbing those poor little helpless, innocent worms just to thrown them really fast through the air (on a hook) to then drown them while waiting for a fish to come and consume it. Then you have to deal with killing the fish in a painful fashion in order to reel it back towards you and then let it die slowly.

I used to be able to fish. That doesn't happen so much anymore.

What makes me think I can kill a beautiful, majestic deer or an elk? I don't know. But I want to be able to know that I can survive if I ever get lost in the woods. If I can't kill for food, I will die anyway. If I can't kill for protection (from cougars, and other scary animals) then I will die painfully myself anyway. There seems to be no winning. So, I have put it in my mind that I would like to learn to hunt in order to learn basic survival techniques in case I do ever get lost in the woods. It means leaving all of my nursing brain at home and finding a way to get my mind over causing harm to these incredible creatures.

Anyway, Cabela's is now one of my favorite stores in all of my history. Maybe one day, I can go back and actually spend money there for some of their cute clothes or on a pretty pink fishing pole or something. Someday, it will happen. Until then, I'm a happy girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment