Pages

Sunday, February 28, 2016

Flattered and Confused

A lot happened at the karaoke place yesterday. I told you about our conversation between Roomie, Millie, and I, but other things happened too!

I got dressed up, I'm feeling a little chubby because my jeans are tighter and I've gained about 10-15 pounds in the past couple of months. At least I'm eating. Still, I was feeling good in my cute outfit and I did my make-up really well.

When we were there, guys kept looking at me. I didn't think much of it because they are probably staring at the friends I am with or someone near me.

At one point, a guy near me started talking to me and asked if I would sing a duet with him because I looked like Sandra D. from Grease.

Haha, I look nothing like Sandra D. She has blonde hair, blue eyes, and is very petite. Meanwhile, I have dark brown hair, grey to brown eyes, I'm 5'8", and I am not petite at all! Maybe this kid was high? I respectfully declined, he kept asking and I told him no then walked away with my friends.

About 15 minutes later, my friends and I went back near where they were and we found the only open seats available. I got up to use the bathroom and he and his friends were on my way to the bathroom. So, when I stood up, he had been talking to his friends. He proceeded to stand up straighter, then rotate while pointing at me and continuing to talk with his friends. He was talking about me to them! Why? I don't know.

He asked me again, "Please! Sing a duet with me!?"

Again, I told him "No, thank you" and proceeded to the bathroom. I don't know if he talked to me when I passed him again because I had tunnel vision and was simply working on getting back to my friends.

Though I was frustrated with being asked, I was also very flattered that he would go out on a limb to talk to me because I was looking cute that night. I am glad I didn't stay and talk with him or give him my number because I am not wanting to ever do that again. However, it was a confidence booster.

1 comment:

  1. A song wouldn't have been too bad :P You could have sang and left it at the bar (or whereever the karoke was)

    Nice to be looked at though, wasn't it. Believe that it was real, even if you feel like it shouldn't be

    ReplyDelete