Pages

Sunday, February 28, 2016

Panic Ensues

He texted me again.

It showed up today. He says his friend got killed last night and I'm the only one that understands him.

I am stuck between wondering if it happened and thinking that he's just full of shit like he's been this whole time.

Regardless, it's not my problem. Maybe if you want support and friends to be able to talk to about stuff like this, then maybe don't be a complete and total asshole. I mean, that's just a suggestion, but what do I know?

He had told me several times throughout the relationship that a friend had died. Good gracious, at that pace there should be nobody alive anywhere on Earth at this point!

Maybe he really does have friends dying all of the time. Mostly, I think he's trying to get me to be sympathetic and fall back into his poisonous tentacles.

His number is still blocked so the text didn't come through until I went searching for it.

My heart is still filled with panic. My stomach was instantly queasy. My hands are sweaty and I feel flushed all over. This is the sympathetic nervous response kicking in. I am in panic. I know I shouldn't be, but sometimes anxiety comes with no rational explanation for it's presence.

Deep breaths. Continue on about my day. Load my gun...

No comments:

Post a Comment