Pages

Saturday, December 21, 2013

Ice Skating Celebration

Last night, I got to go out to dinner with a few of my friends from the nursing program. Afterwards, we went ice skating and had an absolute blast! It turns out that I am one of the youngest people in the program. This is quite unfortunate because everyone else was able to have a few drinks with dinner and I was just sittin' there sippin' water... Oh well.

Dinner was fun even though only 6 of our 40+ fellow students showed up. Then by friend's boyfriend showed up. He is super nice and I'm glad that they have fun together, but it reinforces the fact that I am alone. Never had a boyfriend and while I was once okay/happy being single, I'm finding myself wanting one again. It's frustrating.


Ice skating was so much fun! We went to an outdoor rink. It was so much better than an indoor rink because you get to see the stars and all the decorated houses. Besides the cold and the rockier ice, it was significantly more enjoyable than the indoor rink I am accustomed to. That is also largely because of the friends I was with.


Then, all of a sudden, everyone stopped skating. I looked around for the cause and some guy was proposing to his girlfriend on the rink. Amidst the, "aaah's" and "Oh my gosh, that is so cute's," I remained calm. Barely able to keep myself together, but I did. All night, that was all anyone could talk about. I'm happy for them. Truly, I am. It's just hard to watch right now.


How do I get past all of this jealousy and cynicism? There has to be a way, I just need a road map, the pills to make it so, and perhaps the Voice of G-d speaking into my life saying when, where, and how I will meet my future husband. Unfortunately, the first two are unrealistic and G-d doesn't typically give dates and times of future happenings in our lives. Think about how boring that would be!

Update on grades: My B- in Basic Assessment got changed to a B+ when my teacher dropped our quizzes. Then, I checked my final posted grades today and she ended up rounding up my grade so I got an A-!!! So, I got an A, A-, B, and two B-'s. Praise the L-rd!!! G-d answered my prayers about score rounding and so my GPA is significantly higher than I was projecting it at.


Daily Thanksgiving: I was able to no work. I got to go to dinner and ice skating with some of my nursing school friends. G-d not only let me pass my first semester of nursing school, but He brought my grades up as well. I did not fall a single time while ice skating! I am on break and enjoying my new downtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment