Pages

Monday, March 24, 2014

Summer is Approaching!

To finish this whole posting fest off, let's end on some super exciting news!

This summer has the potential to be absolutely amazing.

My Mema is a NICU nurse. Her sister, also a nurse, is the manager or something of one of the NICU's down where my Mema lives. Mema has talked to her sister and she has offered me the opportunity to go down and shadow some of the NICU nurses on the unit to see if that is actually something I want to do when I graduate!!! Oh my goodness, YES! I am so excited for this opportunity I cannot even express it. G-d blesses me in the most wonderful ways it's completely mind boggling. So, I hope to go stay with my Mema for a few weeks and maybe even shadow her a day or two. I would be so honored to be able to follow her and watch her be in her element because nursing is where I feel the most comfortable and where I feel I actually make sense. I know that's super cheesy, but I don't fit in hardly anywhere, unless I'm in the nursing role. That's what G-d has put on my heart and I am blessed to have found where I am most comfortable.

My Mema is also taking us camping this summer! We are going with both of my dad's brothers and their families the way we used to when I was little. I haven't been able to go for the past few years due to work, but I am totally going this year. I love camping and can't wait to go fishing and be in the water with all of the E. coli, fish pee, and other fun stuff seen in the wild. I'm not even being sarcastic, I know it sounds weird, but my mind is constantly stuck on the science stuff...

I'm also down 11 lbs. now and hope to be able to wear shorts and tank tops on this camping trip. I finally have a destination to set my goal for for weight loss. I want to be tan, able to wear a normal bathing suit, and ready for all sorts of fun this summer.

I'm praying that the L-rd blesses me with a hospital job. If not, then I'll just work a few days a week, just enough to pay bills and have some spending money, and then I am going to rest and have fun the rest of my break. For the past several years I have not had the luxury of having a fun summer, but I am bound and determined to have a good time this year.

I want to go tubing down a river, hiking, swimming with the kids I nanny for, maybe on a road trip to the beach, camping (a lot), and anything else that sounds fun at a particular moment. I also need a list of really great books. Do y'all have any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment