Pages

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Pretty Friends

Do any of you have really, really, really pretty friends? It seems like I've always had gorgeous friends, and I'm all like, "I'm maybe a 3-4 in a scale of 10..."

I know that G-d makes us all beautiful and that true beauty comes from the inside. Yada, yada, yada (that's Jewish!)

1 Peter 3:3-4  "Do not let your adorning be external—the braiding of hair and the putting on of gold jewelry, or the clothing you wear— but let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God's sight is very precious."

Proverbs 31:30 "Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised."

Psalm 139:14 "I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well."

1 Peter 3:4 "But let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God's sight is very precious."

etc...

Still, I am constantly finding these gorgeous friends that could, and probably should, be models and these verses don't seem to help me. They also usually have really cute boyfriends. Currently, I have a super pretty friend who decided to be the nurse from the "Time Square Kiss" for Halloween and her boyfriend dressed as the sailor guy from that photo. They are so cute in their picture it's enough to make you sick, really. They are so stinkin' adorable! If I weren't trying to be anonymous, I would post their picture (with her permission, of course.) So, here is a picture of the actual "Time Square Kiss".

 Yes, they were more adorable than this photo and yes, they took a picture just like this one.

Does anyone else ever have friends that are just ridiculously beautiful, and hilarious, and generally out of your "friend league"? It seems like all of my friends are and it makes me slightly uncomfortable because I show up to class like...
...and that's on a good day (minus the dog, of course)!

I have just discovered the beauty of putting pictures in my posts and I really like the "..." thing.

Daily Thanksgiving: We didn't find any heart murmurs or abnormal heart sounds in me today, so that was good. I discovered that I can put pictures into my posts! The day is over. I have friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment