Pages

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Extreme Introvert Here

I do not like to make others uncomfortable... most of the time. Sometimes it's just plain funny, but I usually only do that to joke around. Any-who... I have dealt with the fact that sometimes people are not comfortable with me around. Maybe it is because I am very secluded, I do not talk much (if at all), I do not need to be around others 24/7 and I actually enjoy spending most of my time alone. Due to these tendencies to be alone, dorm life is highly incompatible. Dorms just make you LIVE at school. I wake up, and I see the school right out my window. I go to meals and see more school buildings. I come back to my dorm room after class, and work on home work (a.k.a. more school). School brings hundreds and thousands of people with it. Do you see the conflict? I am a self proclaimed loner who is very content being introverted. This much time around people causes anxiety problems for me in turn causing health problems.

This fits in with me not liking others to be uncomfortable because sometimes my friends do not understand that I am not ignoring them, nor do I dislike them. I just need a lot of alone time. Seeing as I need so much alone time, they become uncomfortable that I do not want to hang out or talk every waking second of my life. Sorry guys, I am just a weird, really shy, highly introverted person. Hanging out is something I truly enjoy, but I need it in moderation.

So readers, if you have a friend like me, do not take it personally. Let them know that you do not find it offensive that they do not talk to you but maybe once a week or even once a month. We really do like you guys! We often find friends who are extreme extroverts that consequently talk a lot. We like this feature because you keep the conversation going when we really have no clue how you have so much to say. Keep talking and don't be confused if we only get together every once in awhile. We do like to be invited and we do enjoy the company of others, we just don't need very much time with people to be fulfilled in the social aspects of our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment