Pages

Monday, January 28, 2013

Wide Open Spaces

Have you ever listened to Wide Open Spaces by the Dixie Chicks? I love that song. Have not listened to it in years but it's somehow as clear as day in my head right now. This song gets me!

If you have not heard it before, or perhaps you forget how it goes, I recommend listening to it on YouTube. These ladies understand me, it's beautiful really. (Haha, I don't really talk like that normally.)

You know who else gets me? Miranda Lambert. Her song Gunpowder & Lead suites me quite well. I probably wouldn't be smoking or shooting at an ex, even if he did beat me up. But the song represents the freedom us ladies have to stand up for ourselves - with a catchy tune.

These songs bring up the fact that I have been told I am too independent. Just as these ladies are very strong and independent. Plus, I am a bit of a feminist, if you haven't noticed. Not a bra-burning one, (though I have considered it before). I just believe in equality. G-d did make distinctions, and not everything a man can do a woman can do or vice versa. However, females and males are created to compliment each other. This doesn't mean the woman has to stay home or the man has to bring home the turkey bacon (keepin' it kosher guys). To me, this simply means that we work together in our careers to best mirror Yeshua (Jesus') image and G-d's image. We are created in His image. So show grace, extend mercy, forgive, love and live a life worthy of G-d's approval.

...It just occurred to me that was one of the most random sets of transitioning I have read in a blog, but it effectively explains my thought process. This is also why I do not talk much, my thoughts go EVERYWHERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment