Pages

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Hurt Feelers

Being a tomboy, raised around mostly guys, and also by a dad who is very masculine and a mother who is super tomboyish herself, I have developed many "male" outlooks on certain situations. When, however, my "feelers" get hurt (my dad's way of saying hurt feelings), I can be crushed. This is because it takes a lot to hurt me enough to get to that point. All through my childhood I have been called fat, ugly, and a few other choice words. I have been excluded most of my life, to the point where I can hardly remember being included with people. These times of pain have made me much stronger and I am glad that I have gone through them because of the lessons I have learned.

With all of this said, I have recently had my feelers hurt almost worse than any other time in my life. I cannot really get into it, but it really stings when someone says they do not want you around to someone else, and it gets back to you...
 
Needless to say, I will get through this. G-d will get me through this because without Him, I would have been crushed and finished long ago. There is a lesson to be learned, a scar that needs to be healed and grace that will abound through Him alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment