Pages

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Just keep swimming, just keep swimming...

Yes, this is meant to be a quote from Dory in "Finding Nemo". That movie is so adorable!

Today got even better. I worked out for an hour, which was really just walking on the treadmill, but I at least made it get steeper so I am moving up! Then we spent about an hour at the pool. Oh man, that was such a good idea. This is dangerous because I love working out now. Okay, again, I love the treadmill and cardio "working-out". Maybe I will grow to love working on abs and limbs with time? First, I would have to try those and I do not see that happening for sometime, but the pool kinda supplements what I should be doing on those machines... for me it counts that way.

Now, for you ladies who do not like swim suits for whatever reason (mine is because I am on the chunky side and swim suits are not typically modest AT ALL!), consider buying some swim trunks and a rash guard or a surf shirt. You may not be near the beach, but they are just like t-shirts and you can find cute, inexpensive, modest ones with no trouble. Mine is even a loose fit, when it is dry, so it helps with my uncomfortableness with my slightly chubby shape. Guys swim trunks are also very comfortable. I find that they are more comfortable than girls ones, but you can definitely look into both. Also, wear a swim suit underneath the shirt and the trunks because 1) it is uncomfortable to walk around with nothing under your t-shirt (I'm really sorry to go there, but I think it needed to be confronted head-on), 2) the swim trunks and shirt may begin to float, in which case you will need something underneath to ensure that you truly are maintaining the maximum amount of modesty.

So check it out, I love my swim suit now and I am more comfortable than I have ever been in a swim suit. Plus, it lets me pull off a "skater/surfer" look that suits me just fine!


No comments:

Post a Comment