Pages

Thursday, July 25, 2013

My Week of Weird Texts

So, you know country boy texted me yesterday out of the blue. Guess who texted me today? I bet you would never guess ever... It was one of my old roommates. This particular former roommate was not one who I had huge problems with, but we are not on friend terms any longer. Today, however, she texted me randomly asking me how summer was, what I was up to, if I would be moving in with my brother, what he was going to me majoring in, and (this was the real reason for texting) if I had gotten into nursing school. I answered all of them saying that my brother and I would probably move in together (we already have) and I skipped the nursing school question. So she asked me if I had gotten into nursing school again. I didn't respond to that one and it's been like 2 hours so far...

I think people are convinced I am stupid. A girl who doesn't talk to me for months texts me to see if I got into the nursing program because I blocked her on Facebook. The boy who is talking about getting back with his girlfriend on Facebook is trying to get me to date him.

I promise, I am far from stupid. I may have my foolish moments, but those are few and far between. G-d gave me brains, He gave me wisdom, and He gave me strength. No body is going to be messing with me any longer. They may have gotten away with it in the past, but I'm through letting people dump their bad days and anger on me, especially when I haven't done anything! I am not blaming myself for every bad thing that happens in my life because I don't cause all of the problems. In fact, I fix a lot of them and I take responsibility when I do cause them. I am drawing my boundaries here and I am not being a doormat any longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment