Pages

Friday, July 12, 2013

I GOT INTERNET!!!

So, it turns out that the modem was up at the front desk of my apartment complex since July 4th and it's now July 12... Now I know that when the front desk signs for a package, they don't notify you that it's come. That's really good to know.

Anyway, let's get down to the juicy news.

Haha, there is none. Come on folks, let's face it, I never really have anything "juicy" going on in my life.

Outline for today's post as promised:

1) My rant about boys... They have been driving me nuts, but I still love them. My country boy, when I had originally posted this, had not texted me for about a week and a half after I told him I wasn't going to date anyone right now. I guess it's not really the fault of boys though, for the most part, it just drives me insane that I find myself thinking about them so much. I beat myself up wondering what I had done to cause him to stop texting me for so long. Then I considered breaking my promise to G-d about not dating for awhile. By breaking the promise to G-d, I would have been breaking the promise to my future husband too. I almost considered kissing this boy! Why? I don't know. I think it's probably hormones which makes me mad because I should be able to control my thoughts, but I didn't feel in control during that whole ordeal. He finally texted me a few nights ago. Then I texted him the next night and we had a short little conversation both times, but he doesn't seem interested anymore. That is totally okay though because I don't think that 1) we were meant for each other, 2) that dating him would have been a good idea. I thought he was cute, interesting, fun, etc, but my friend (that had grown up with him) discouraged me from even going down that path. I figure she knows better than I do.

Also, boys keep using the same lines with me. It may be a different boy, but they all say the same words! I know that they are lying so why do they try it? "I think you are gorgeous and the most intelligent girl I have ever met, blah, blah, blah." Seriously? I own mirrors, first of all. Secondly, you've talked to me for a total of 15 seconds and you think I'm the most intelligent girl you've ever talked to? I am smart and I am made beautifully (as we all are) by G-d, but don't try to flatter me by stretching the truth so that we both know that you're lying. Come on!

2) My future blind-date... So, the girls at work started asking (completely randomly) if I had a boyfriend. I said no. They asked why. I told them that boys are silly (I did not even get into the whole situation mentioned above or the millions of other things that have happened to me that prove this statement). One of the girls just happens to have a brother who is 22 and he isn't dating anyone either. Naturally this means that the both of us need to get hitched and start breeding like rabbits, right? Now they are convinced that we belong together and that we really are going to get married. In this hypothetical life they have created, the only part that I agree with is the fact that our first date would be at a gun range. I don't agree with the person I would be going with or anything else besides that, but a date at the gun range would be fun!

3) A description of my new apartment... It's amazing! Everything I wanted, minus the price. It's a little bit more than I had originally wanted to spend each month, but I have a washer/dryer in my apartment! I have a fire place and my brother and I both have our own bathrooms! So no fighting over the mirror in the mornings.

4) I keep having dreams about being pregnant and about boys... This one was probably stemming from my country boy problems, but it has since subsided. It was driving me crazy though because I was trying to stop thinking about him, but then I started having dreams about being pregnant and married and dating/marrying him. Unfortunately, I now really want to get married really soon and I think I would love to be pregnant (after I'm married, of course). So, now I am struggling with these thoughts.

5) Random people keep asking me if I'm dating, including residents!... Why? It's like I had a sign on my forehead asking people to ask me if I am dating/marrying someone. Good grief! Even residents (not just one, several) asked me what my future husband looked like, where my boyfriend is, etc. Maybe G-d is trying to tell me something? I don't know. Whatever is happening though should definitely stop because I'm getting confused and antsy waiting for him. Trust me! I just found out cute boys sometimes think I'm cute too, so now I have a hope in my head that I will get married and I want to be married already!



Remind me to tell y'all about the funny things my residents have been saying lately though! My goodness, I've gotten some gems these past few days of work.

Daily Thanksgiving: G-d has provided an apartment, gotten my brother into college (right after we had already signed for the apartment even though we didn't know if he would come down with me or not), provided internet, and He got me an 86% on my latest micro test!!! Plus, He has shown me that the attraction I feel towards some boys is not entirely one-sided. In fact, more boys like me than just the ones I like and think are cute. This is dangerous for me because I'm starting to daydream about my future husband, but it's giving me hope that I will be a wife eventually, and maybe even a mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment