Pages

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Surprisingly Eventful, Uneventful Day

Work went well yesterday. Well, I was only able to say that after I was sitting in my car from a 13 hour day patient sitting a wanderer. Golly, it was tiresome and my back and legs hurt so bad I could hardly stand it. Then I had to trade with the other float from the other 2 courts because she can't do heavy lifting, so I went and did my best with the heavy lifting. I put 4 out of 16 down on one court and got another 2 down on the other court. I also put 3 down on my original court and left without putting anyone to bed on the final court but my girls were working the final court and told me to not even worry about it. I love them!

We got a new CNA at work too. He was in my A&P class and he made it into the nursing program so we will be in class together! It always helps to have as many friends and connections as possible. I never would have believed that, but it's totally true! Now, if we ever work together, we could study on the night shift and quiz each other. It was kinda awkward meeting him though and I didn't know what to say to him all night, so I didn't. I never come off very well at first. I should probably work on my first impressions a bit.

Yesterday, we also got a new resident! I recognize her grandson, which was also awkward, especially because I don't totally know where I know him from. I think he was in some of my classes this last year too, but I'm not sure.

Today, I have to study and finish reading for my 3 tests that I get to take this week. I'm really nervous and pretty anxious about them because they will mean I either get an A or a B  in Micro. I know that I could have gotten an A if I would have worked harder. That's probably the most frustrating thing. Plus, if I get a B, it will only be because I missed just a few points that keep me from an A. Maybe next time I will hit the books harder and I know that I cannot wait for my textbook until half way through the course, it just doesn't work. So, pray for me please. Pray, that by a miracle, I get an A in Micro so I can add another A to my transcripts and not be weighted down by a B. It's in G-d's hands, but I will do what I can to work towards what I desire.

My girls started talking about me being pregnant, I don't remember how we got on that conversation, but they are so sweet! They said I would probably be a really cute pregnant lady. I was thinking I might be a cute pregnant person, but I have an obsession with pregnancy and babies anyway so all you ladies with a baby in your belly are stinkin' adorable! But, I am a bit biased, so I figured I would probably be cute when I'm expecting too (not to sound self-obsessed or anything, I'm just talkin' straight with y'all). The thing is, though, is that they said it first! Oh man, I am excited to get married and to be pregnant, but it can wait awhile. First, I need to work on at least becoming a nurse, maybe even a midwife. Then, I will wait for the husband G-d chose for me and we can start having a family as G-d sees fit.

That brings me to a huge debate I'm having with myself. Well, it's been going on for a few years, but I'm thinking about it more and more. Is birth control okay? If it is, what types are okay and which are not? I want to do what is Biblical, but it's not like the Good Book has a chapter on the do's and don'ts  of this type of thing. I also need to research what traditional Jewish beliefs are and what Messianic beliefs are on this issue. I'll let you guys know what I find, but I may not share my opinion on the matter once I have decided. Instead, I want to present the information so that you can talk with G-d and see what you feel He is saying.

Forgive me for rambling, I woke up at about 6:15 a.m. on my day off and I'm having a hard time forming decent thoughts.

Daily Thanksgiving (for yesterday): Work is over and I survived. I have great friends. I learned that I can do the heavy lifting and work on our hardest court (with the latest stage residents). I may have a new friend in nursing school if I could just stop being silly and get to know him. I put 9 people to bed! That's a record for me. Plus, I was decently fast at it, even though we had so many strange behaviors yesterday. My girls are flattering me because they are still trying to set me up with my LPN's brother and they said I would be adorable pregnant. This is my last week of Micro! Next week starts my week-long nutrition class and so I have the whole week off (of work) including Sunday. G-d has provided enough money that my brother and I have paid our bills this week and we still have money left over! My mom is coming down Thursday to spend the night and she might be bringing my dog for a visit (I miss my baby). I went to that interview for an on-campus IT job and I didn't think it went well but they asked for my information and consent for a background check so I might have gotten it. I need my brother to get the job though.

No comments:

Post a Comment