Pages

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Work

Yesterday was insane at work! I worked a 13.5 hour shift with no break. I was the float all day and all of the residents were totally effected by the full moon. Newscasters said that it was the biggest full moon of the year so hopefully the behaviors last night were the climax of the year and none of the other full moons will even come close to being so bad.

Folks, through many observations, I have come to the conclusion that the full moon effect is very much a real thing. If you can help it, NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER work on full moons. You can work the day after, because everyone is typically very tired, but don't work the day of or 3-5 days before it. I'm tellin' ya, it's bad news. It's especially bad news for those few months where the moon is the closest to the earth and everyone wants to kill you because of it's magnified affects on the entire population of the world.

I'm praying that today is much better. Good news, I only work 5 hours today and for 2 of those hours the residents should be sleeping. Hopefully everyone goes to bed early and I can hang out with my girls! But I just remembered that one of my girls is on vacation for another week... This is quite unfortunate.

Daily Thanksgiving (yesterday's): The day is done and I did not scream, cry, or quit. I did not get socked in the face even though several residents did attempt to do so. 

Today, I got to sleep in... after getting a call from work at 2:58 a.m. to try to get me to cover a 6:30 a.m. shift that same day. Let me tell you, waking me up from sleep is not the way to get on my good side so that I will come in and help you cover holes! I understand that people call off, but come on! I get very grouchy when woken up from sleep because of a call from work. Then I can't sleep because they woke me up so I wake up even more grouchy.

Daily Thanksgiving (today's): Still to come. I did get to kinda sleep in though!

No comments:

Post a Comment